I usually patch the Remote Desktop service to allow multiple simultaneous connections.But trying to do so on Win 8.1 results in an error message: “Access denied: You need permission to perform this action.”. The solution is to take owner ship of the file...
Click to Read More
- First, get the patched RDP service termsrv.dll here.
- Then, take owner ship of the existing termsrv.dll: takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\termsrv.dll
- Next, grant you access on that file: cacls C:\Windows\System32\termsrv.dll /G <YourAccount>:F
- As termsrv.dll is currently loaded, rename it into "-termsrv.dll"
- Finally, copy the patched file into C:\Windows\System32\
- Restart the PC.