Since two days, each time I open a Preview, a Live View or the Timeline in my Surveillance Station, IE crashes. Presuming it could due to the Synology ActiveX used by those features, I have removed that one. And Bingo, it’s fixed.
Click to Read More
No idea how that ActiveX has been corrupted, but here it how to remove it.
- Press Alt–X to open the Tools menu
- Select “Manage Add-ons”
- In Add-on Types, keep “Toolbars and Extensions” selected
- Scroll down to find the extension “SS3Object Control”. Select it.
- In the bottom pane, click on “More information”
- You have now a popup window “More information” with a “Remove” button at the very bottom. Click that button.
- Reopen Surveillance Station. The ActiveX will be re-installed. But now, the problem is gone…